Monday, December 15, 2008

Holidays

We have just recently found out that we can't go to Arkansas for Christmas this year. We alternate Christmas and Thanksgiving each year between here and Arkansas, and this year was our year to spend Christmas with my family, but life has a way of getting in the way of plans. Rubin has spent 9 of the last 25 days in the hospital, and has had to use several vacation days to do so (sounds like a fun vacation, huh?), so he doesn't have enough time left to go down there. My blood pressure has been elevated at my past few appointments and the doctors are keeping a close eye on me to make sure it doesn't cause any complications. The doctor told me this morning that he doesn't think a 12+ hour drive is a good idea and advised me not to go. I'm having a hard time with it but there's not really anything we can do about it. I'm trying to convince my family to come up here and spend a few days after Christmas but I'm not getting my hopes up. I guess I need to make an attempt to finish decorating the tree and hang up our stockings since we're going to be here now. I'm just having a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit.

1 comment:

Bethany Patrice said...

Amie, I feel sorry that you can't go and be in Arkansas this year. I'm sure you were looking forward to it. I can understand though why your blood pressure is elevated...look at the stressful last few weeks you've had! You are a superwoman with working, and "wife-ing", and mothering..Maybe God is giving you this time to relax before new baby comes. I hope you can think of some fun things to do this next week or two to cheer you up :)