Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I'm moving!

That's it - I'm moving back to Arkansas!! The weather has been crazy here this winter, and it's not getting any better. We have had way too much snow, and now we are supposed to have wind chills tomorrow of -30. It doesn't help that neither Rubin or I can physically shovel right now (well I could do it, but I would get yelled at), so getting in and out of the driveway has been fun. Rubin's dad has come over a couple of times to do it for us, and Brad has done it a few times. We ended up paying someone from Craigslist to do it today.
Rubin is feeling better and moving around a lot better, but now we are dealing with fluid draining from the incision. Stuff was leaking out of it yesterday so he went to the doctor and they opened it up more to drain all of the fluid. We have to pack it with gauze and then cover it with several more layers to keep it from leaking through everything. It's not an infection, but it's still pretty gross!! He is a little sore from this fun new problem, but overall is still doing much better.
On another note, I am so excited that American Idol is back on!! I have already been impressed by a few people and it's only the 2nd audition episode. I was a little nervous about the new judge, but so far I like her. The auditions are my least favorite part of the show, so I'm excited for them to move on from here - but it won't stop me from watching! I don't think I've missed a single episode in 3-4 years. I love DVR!

1 comment:

ryno said...

next time it snows, give me a call, i'll take care of the shoveling.