Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sweet Little Peanut


Carter is doing great!! He has gained up to 4 lbs 11 oz (as of last night) and according to the nurse he is 18 1/2 inches long, but that seems like a huge difference in just 2 weeks!! (He was 16 inches when born.)
They have discontinued the caffeine, so as of right now the only thing he is getting is vitamins. He is working on taking a bottle but only take about 1/4 to 1/3 of his feeding and right now is only allowed to try once a shift (twice a day). His breathing is still fast at times but seems to be getting a lot better. He had a follow up echocardiogram yesterday but we don't have the results yet. I guess his heart murmur is still pretty loud so they want to make sure the hole isn't getting worse or something.
The past couple of days have been great - I have been able to take the boys to daycare and then spend a majority of the day over at the hospital, but today was their last day so it will be a lot harder to go see him starting tomorrow. Actually, Rubin is working until at least 7 tomorrow night so it will be pretty much impossible to see him. I have made it a habit to go to his 9 pm feeding every night and it is really nice because I can stay as long as I want and don't feel guilty about not being home with Brayden and Cam since they are in bed by then anyway. I am just ready for him to be home so I can spend time with all of my boys at the same time, but I know that he is where he needs to be right now. I feel like the past 2 weeks have gone by pretty quickly so hopefully it will keep going by fast. I just hate feeling pulled in different directions.
Other than being a little tired at times, I am feeling great! I haven't needed pain meds other than ibuprofen every once in a while. I had my incision check yesterday at the dr and everything looks good so far. I need to start dieting to try and lose this baby weight and actually am looking forward to being able to work out again. None of my clothes fit (really wish I wouldn't have gotten rid of all of my "fat clothes" last summer!!). I'm sure it will take a while to get back to my normal energy level after the bedrest combined with the blood loss but I really can't complain - I just love being allowed to get up and move whenever I want!!

1 comment:

Amie said...

Ok so my husband just informed me that he was 16.5 inches at birth, but I still think 2 inches in 2 weeks seems like a lot!!